Mini ODROID-XU4 Dreamcast

This is a Dreamcast case designed for the ODROID-XU4 single board computer which can play DC games very well. This is designed as a snap-together case but some fine trimming may be needed, to snap together properly. Case dimensions should be already pre-saved at 4.25″x4.25″. it will have to be printed at these dimensions in order for the ODROID-XU4 to fit properly.

Print Settings

  • Printer Brand: XYZprinting
  • Printer: da Vinci 1.0 Pro 3in1
  • Rafts: Yes
  • Supports: Yes
  • Resolution: 1mm
  • Infill: 30%
  • Filament: generic abs white

I added supports and rafts were used where needed, printing in 1mm layers.

Figure 1 - Printing process
Figure 1 – Printing process

Figure 2 - Printing process
Figure 2 – Printing process

Figure 3 - Printing process
Figure 3 – Printing process

Figure 4 - Printing process
Figure 4 – Printing process

Figure 5 - Printing processFigure 5 – Printing process

Figure 6 - Printing process

Figure 6 – Printing process

Figure 7 - Printing process
Figure 7 – Printing process

Figure 8 - Printing process
Figure 8 – Printing process

Post-Printing

Some extra work was required to achieve realism. I used an exacto knife and small putty knife to remove supports & rafts, then sanded all parts with 120 grit. I fit all electronics inside case some drilling and trimming required, then removed electronics. I used 2 coats of filler primer to fill imperfections then wet sanded 1st coat with 360 grit and 2nd coat with 600 grit. Then then painted with matte white and matte gray, and applied a matte clear coat.

Figure 9 - I did detail paint for controller ports and buttons
Figure 9 – I did detail paint for controller ports and buttons

Figure 10 - I applied decals for logos and used Avery clear shipping labels
Figure 10 – I applied decals for logos and used Avery clear shipping labels

Figure 11 - The power button
Figure 11 – The power button

Figure 12 - We had to drill a small hole through power button stem so we could secure with a paperclip
Figure 12 – We had to drill a small hole through power button stem so we could secure with a paperclip

Figure 13 - We had to drill a small hole through power button stem so we could secure with a paperclip
Figure 13 – We had to drill a small hole through power button stem so we could secure with a paperclip

Figure 14 - We had to drill a small hole through power button stem so we could secure with a paperclip
Figure 14 – We had to drill a small hole through power button stem so we could secure with a paperclip

Figure 15 - We used the spray paints shown
Figure 15 – We used the spray paints shown

Figure 16 - We used the spray paints shown
Figure 16 – We used the spray paints shown

Figure 17 - The controller ports were glued in place after all the painting was completed
Figure 17 – The controller ports were glued in place after all the painting was completed

Figure 18 - The controller ports were glued in place after all the painting was completed
Figure 18 – The controller ports were glued in place after all the painting was completed

Figure 19 - The controller ports were glued in place after all the painting was completed
Figure 19 – The controller ports were glued in place after all the painting was completed

For comments, questions and suggestions, please visit the original article at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3119657.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply