After finding some small 15x15x5mm heatsinks, I decided to create an ODROID cluster using water cooling in order to reduce its temperature and noise. I started with a single ODROID-XU4 to see if the small heatsinks were powerful enough to distribute heat away from the board. After the initial tests, I connected the cooling system to the rest of the cluster, as shown in the images.
- Alphacool DC-LT 3600 Ceramic - 12V DC, Alphacool DC-LT Plexi top, and Alphacool reservoir (http://bit.ly/1vDYvJJ)
- Alphacool MCX ram copper edition (http://bit.ly/1C3t8Ml)
- Alphacool MCX 5x divider (http://bit.ly/1qYh1vr)
- Alphacool NeXxus Monsta 140 Radiator with NB-Blacksilent Pro PK2 (http://bit.ly/1Fi5yrA)
- 120mm radiator
- 8V pump with reservoir
- Adjustable DC-DC step-up convertor to control the speed of the fan and pump
- 10 x ODROID-U3
- 1 x ODROID-XU
- 1 x ODROID-XU4
- 2 x 5V 20A PSU
- 24 Port NW-Switch
- 2 x 8 Port-HDMI-Switch
After filling the system, I had some problems with a leaky divider, but now it all runs fine. Using thermal paste instead of a thermal pad reduced the temperature by 5°C, and required custom fittings for the heatsink.